Friday, December 02, 2011

December Daily

I'm trying my hand at documenting each day in December, a process widely known as December Daily, a concept started by Ali Edwards several years ago. I've always wanted to participate, but am usually so behind with life, I never get around to it. I figured now is as good a time as any to jump in since time in the day does not seem to be increasing and the years are flying by!

I managed to complete the foundation pages, which is set up pretty much just like Ali's.  The digital overlays from Designer Digitals make it pretty easy to design. I may need to remove some of the extra elements as I go because the album is already overflowing and I haven't started adding anything yet!

I used a We R Memory Keepers 5.5 x 8.5 leather album that I had on hand. In fact, I did not purchase anything new for this album other than the overlays. That may or may not be an indication that I have way to many supplies laying around.

So, without further ado, here is my December 1st spread...






One thing that has really helped me feel like this is a do-able project during this busy season is Ali's suggestion to pick one story each day and tell it. It helps to narrow down all of the life stuff to focus on any holiday activities we may have done such as Advent calendars. Little gems come along like the sweet card M made for me which I added by just punching holes in it.

Hopefully I will be able to keep up and post my progress, but I'd better not make any promises :)

No comments: